Indian Institute of Plantation Management Bengaluru (IIPMB) was set up by the Government of India in collaboration with plantation industry as an autonomous institution in 1993. The Institute provides management education, training, consulting and research facilities in agri & food business, commodities and plantations.
Major Programmes Offered by IIPM
- Post Graduate Diploma in Agribusiness & Plantation Management (PGDM-ABPM) – 24 months AICTE-MHRD-GoI approved, NBA Accredited & MBA equivalence from AIU. Twinning Program with Royal Agricultural University, Cirencester-UK
- Post Graduate Diploma in Food Processing & Business Management (PGDM-FPBM) – 24 months AICTE-MHRD-GoI approved and in Academic collaboration with University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI-USA
- Fellow (Ph.D) – 4 years Programme in Management (with Approval of AICTE)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Agricultural Export & Business Management (PGDM-AEBM) – 24 months program to be launched with AICTE-MHRD-GoI approval w.e.f. 2020-21 academic year
- MBA (General Management) – 24 months program affiliated with Bangalore University
- MBA Distance Learning in Plantation Management – 12 months program affiliated with IGNOU-GoI
- Executive Education offers short duration programmes through open enrolment and customized need-based programs for various levels of professionals across the industry, viz. Commodity Boards Scientists & Extension Officials, Administrative staff, Executives, Corporate Managers (from young managers to MDs & Presidents), Traders, Exporters, Small Growers, Proprietary/Owner Planters, Scientists, Officials of GOI, Supervisory Staff, Grassroots Workforce, Tribes, Office Bearers of Plantation Associations, etc.
- Professional Certificate Programs (PCPs) for new entrants & nascent entrepreneurs across the country & foreign participants.
- Faculty Development Programs
The Institute has 20 core faculty and 10 in-country visiting faculty are working in the following management areas and centres:
Disciplinary Areas and Groups
- Decision Sciences & Operations Management
- Economics & Policy
- Extension & Plantation Technology
- Finance and Accounting
- Food Processing & Technology
- Human Resource Management
- International Business & Export Management
- Production & Operations Management
In addition, 8 visiting faculty from reputed international institutions/ Universities are invited to the institute.
- Centre for Academic Social Responsibility (ASR)
- Centre for Advanced Management Research in Plantations (CARPS)
- Centre for Advanced General Management Education & Research (CAGMER) • Centre for Cluster Approach and Business Development
- Centre for Electronic Tongue, Nose & Vision
- Centre for Grassroots Workforce Governance & Management (GWGM)
- Centre for Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Centre for Multi-Lingual Digital Language & Communication
- Centre for Tasting & Marketing
- Centre for Spices Exporters & Entrepreneurship
- Tea Planters’ Productivity Council (TPC)