- Kumar, N. and Bhattacharyya, A., (2020). “Exploring the Effect of Systematic Interventions on Entrepreneurship Students’ Personality and Behavior: A Longitudinal Study using Indian Personality Theory,” Entrepreneurship Education, assessed on doi/1007/s41959-020-00032-6
- Bhattacharyya, A., Kumar, N. (2020). “Who is more Entrepreneurial? A Comparative Study of Vocational and Academic Students,” Asia Pacific Journal of Innovation and Entrepreneurship, https://www.emerald.com/insight/2398-7812.htm, assessed on doi/10.1108/APJIE-06-2019-0047
- Bhattacharyya, A., Gupta, A., and Varghese, S. (2020). “Sangeeth Varghese: A Dilemma of Democratization and Detachment,” Emerald Emerging Market Case Studies, 10, No. 2, 1-25
- Bhattacharyya, A., Ramesh K. S. and Swaminathan, V. (2017). “Culture and Persuasion Appeals: The Indian Context”. In Understanding Indian Consumers, Duriaraj Maheswaran and Thomas Pullyel (Eds.), New Delhi, Oxford University Press, 96-116
- Bhattacharyya, A. (2014). Book Review, “V. Kumar, (2013), Profitable Customer Engagement: Concept, Metrics, and Strategies, New Delhi, Sage Response Books”, IIMB Management Review, 26, 271-272
- Ramesh K., S. and Bhattacharyya, A. (2012). “VNFPP Ltd: Using Holistic Marketing in a Small Enterprise Context,” IIMB-Harvard Business School, (Dec 2012)
- Ahmad, M. U., and Bhattacharyya, A. (2012). “Another Entrepreneurial Venture Fails to See the Light of the Day: Understanding Why?” Management and Labour Studies, Vol. 37, No 2, 163-173
- Bhattacharyya, A. (2011). “Taking the Big Leap: From a Supplier to a Turnkey Project Contractor”, Decision, 38, No. 2, 84-101
- Bhattacharyya, A. and Ahmad, M. U. (2011). “From Agglomeration to Dispersal: Dealing with Uncertainties in the Global Environment”, Journal of Management and Technology, Vol. 7, No 1, (Jan 2011)
- Bhattacharyya, A. and Ahmad, M. U. (2010). “Managing the Network: The case of a Micro-enterprise.” Vision-The Journal of Business Perspective, Vol. 14, Nos. 1&2, 85-92
- Bhattacharyya, A. (2010). “The Networking Entrepreneur”. Journal of Entrepreneurship, Vol. 19, No. 2, 209-221.
- Bhattacharyya, A. (2009). “Branding in B2B Industries- Myth or Reality”. In Changing Paradigms in Management Practices, Dr. Alok Saklani, Prof. Deepankar Chakrabarti and Dr. S. K. Jha (Eds.), New Delhi, Apeejay Stya Publishing Pvt. Ltd.
- Bhattacharyya, A. (2009). “SMEs in Transitional Economies: Overcoming the Challenges”. In Small and Medium Enterprises in Transitional Economies, Challenges & Opportunities, Aneet and Monika Aggarwal (Eds.), New Delhi, Deep and Deep Publications.
Work in Progress
- “A Narrative Inquiry into the Social Sustainability of Smallholder Farmer Collectives”, under review at Social Business
- “A Simplistic Competitive Bidding Model in Turnkey Contracts for Small Businesses”, under review at Marketing Intelligence and Planning journal
- “The role of knowledge transfer and social capital on entrepreneurial orientation” targeted at Journal of Small Business Management
- “Sociological Perspective of Farmer Organisation’s Performance: A Comparative Study of Farmer Groups in India” (2021) at the Indiana Academy of the Social Sciences, 91st Annual Conference
- “Self-Expansion, Love and Self-Brand Relationship” (2014) at the 8th Great Lakes International Marketing Conference, Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai, India.
- “Network Effects, Reference Groups and Brands- Emerging Market Context” (2014) at the Annual Conference of the Emerging Markets Conference Board, IIM Lucknow, Noida, India
- “Criticality of Supply Chain Management for Turnkey Projects” (2009) at IIM Bangalore, Bangalore, India
- “Enhancing Competitiveness through Innovation” (2008) at IIM Lucknow, Lucknow, India
Reviewed and reviewing papers/articles under the auspices of Emerald Emerging Markets Case Studies, IIMB Review (Elsevier), Asian Journal of Management Cases, and Small Business Institute.
- I) July 2020 onwards: Indian Institute of Plantation Management, Bangalore, India
- Program Chair of PGDM-ABPM (Agribusiness & Plantation Management)
- Member of IIPM Research Cell; brought out the IIPM journal
- II) April 2016 to July 2020: Jain (Deemed-to-be-University), Bangalore, India
Professor and Dean
- Program Chair of the MBA program
- Head of the Ph.D. program in Management
- Member of the Centre for Indian Values and Ethos
III) June 2010 to May 2011: Acharya School of Management, Bangalore, India
- Chairperson Marketing
- Coordinator- Entrepreneurship Cell
- IV) July 2008 to May 2010: Jaipuria Institute of Management, Noida, India
- Coordinator of Entrepreneurship Cell
- Marketing Cell Convenor
- V) Aug 2006 to June 2008: Faculty of Management Studies, MITS (Deemed-to-be University), India
Member of the Post Graduate Program Review Committee
- I) Aug 2005 to Aug 2006: Sarda Plywood Industries Limited (Brand DURO), Kolkata, India.
Senior Manager, Marketing
- Marketing and sales of the company’s products in Eastern India, Gujarat, Mumbai, Karnataka, Chattisgarh, and MP
- Formulating and finalizing brand promotion and advertising strategies
- II) April 1994 to July 2005: The Dalmia Group, Environmental Division, Kolkata, India
- Marketing of turnkey water/ wastewater systems and infrastructure projects for clients like PHED, PWD & Coalfields
- Management Representative for ISO 9002 implementation work
III) Sep 1989 to March 1994: The Dalmia Group, Machinery Division, Odisha, India
- Design of machinery used in Refractory and allied industries
- Management Representative for ISO 9002 & KAIZEN implementation work